Oct 28, 2005

to drive or not to drive


That is the question burning on the minds of many. At least everyone in this household, that is. Kim called me this afternoon and wondered if I wanted to join her on a quick trip North to see Mom and Dad. It's hard, cause I still don't feel recovered from Chicago/Champaign, but I'd love to see my parents and my little brother. Plus Rob is so hunkered down in school that it's really a great opportunity for him to play catch up. So I'm going. Glad to go in one sense, hoping to catch up with my dad, trick or treat with the kids, see their new house... But I'm really going to miss Rob, haven't felt like I've spent any time with him lately. I just love him so much, it's hard to be away, even for a few nights. Darned newlyweds. (ha ha, after eight years)

So I think we are going. Have to be honest and say pictures at the pumpkin patch are pushing the scale. Eli has gone every year since he was born, and Brea went last year. It's pretty special to us. I'm just praying they handle the car well. Eli will be fine, but Brea is another story. Pray for us! I'll try to blog while I'm gone, but mom and dad live in the twentieth century with dial-up, so no pictures till I return. Happy trails to us!

No comments: