Oct 10, 2005

I told Rob this morning, I think life is just easier now that we know where we are going to land. Which is kind of funny, being a christian, in theory, you always know where you are going to land. :) And I try to keep that in perspective, but the here and now is pretty real too. I do feel like a burden has been lifted though, even though we are still stuck in our too small house with our too small paycheck, the end is around the corner, and our new life in Illinois awaits us.

I got to thinking about it this morning. I am so excited to become a resident of Illinois. I'm excited for my IL driver's license and voter's registration card! (I'm a goober, I know!) I left Illinois when I was 6, so it's been twenty years. It already feels like home. I have never felt that way about Missouri, never have I been proud to be a resident of this state. It's been humbling to recieve aid from the state, and I am grateful. But I'm so excited to be upstanding, contributing members of society again. I think Rob is looking forward to providing for our family too. These past three years have been such a challenge for us both. It will be good to be back up on our own two feet again.

Today has just been a good day. Cleaned house all morning, just spent the last hour planning pages for tonight's small group. I'm headed out this afternoon for a little Walmart trip by myself (woohoo!), plan supper and spend a few hours playing with the kids, and then tonight is small group. A great day really. I'm so thankful. I can feel the cloud lifting. The sun is peaking out.

No comments: