Oct 15, 2005

EEEEE!!!!!


Just a happy day and that seemed like the appropriate response!! So much good happened today, it was unbelievable.

Started just like any normal day, painfully early and groggy. Brea was up at seven am, ready to play. I had been up with Rob until nearly one, so that's kind of a short night. So I let Rob sleep in, but then Brea was getting drowsy and Rob and I had work to do around the camp. So she slept and Rob and I hauled tables and chairs (which I hate, definitely my low) for a couple hours in prep for our final group of the summer. I know it's October, but we've still had camp and this is it. So that's a happy day in my book to begin with.

We came in and got an early lunch, I called on a car ad that Rob had found at school. We went to check it out and it was such a good deal. We test drove it, spoke with the seller, took it to get it checked out by a mechanic. We decided to make an offer. It's a 97 Dodge Intrepid, green, in just beautiful shape. We are so excited. It will take us a couple weeks to get the rest of the money, but it will be cash, so we won't have a loan at all. What a relief.

I came home and called Lori, which I'm sure she thinks we are crazy, but we just both felt so strongly that it was a God thing. Then I went for a hair appointment at a fun salon in town here. She did a brilliant job - and was so cheap! I'm going to post a picture Rob took of me tonight. I love it. Came home and the local scrapbook store called to say that the new HKS line was in. EEE!!! So exciting, I thought they weren't going to carry it at all, since some HKS stuff is available at Targets (but not ours!). So I grabbed Brea and ran to town to meet Kim and shop. Bought some way cool stuff with my full card, so my total was less than $10. Picked up a take and bake pizza on the way home and we vegged out in front of Because of Wynn Dixie as a family. (after I called Lori again to share, of course!) We spent good time putting the kids to bed and now I'm all set to scrapbook. Super day, I tell you. So excited for this week, going to see my little sister and getting to check out IKEA and all. Good times.

No comments: