Oct 21, 2005

Scrapbook shopping and other delights.

Had another all-star day today. Honestly it was just exciting to wake up and use the bathroom right away, rather than dealing with small children before my eyes are even adjusted to the light! I woke up lazily, checked my email and blogged before I even showered. Char and I enjoyed a great lunch at Za's (a fun italian cafe) with a friend of hers. Then we got manicures and pedicures at the local beauty school. It was kind of a mess, they didn't know what they were doing and it took too long, but it was really pleasant and I felt very special. Very relaxing. I had never had a manicure or a pedicure and my nails look great. very fun.

Later Kim met us and we were headed back to Char's when we spied a scrapbook store. Of course we had to stop, and actually found a second one just for fun. We topped off the afternoon with a late dinner at Cheddar's (mmmmmm). I had a big salad. Very happy tummy now. It was great not to have to share for once. Ate my meal in peace, had adult conversation, sat for a long time afterwards while things digested. It was fantastic.

We are going to watch a video now. And sleep. Hmmm. sleep. Sounds good right about now. Headed home tomorrow. Can't wait, I miss my hubby.

No comments: