Apr 4, 2006


broken dollhouses

So excited this morning, in fact, I already called Lori about it! (at 7:30am, sorry Lori!) I had gotten up early to deal with the trash. It's been extremely windy here lately and yesterday the church's (ie ours) trash can blew away in the storm and we have been unable to locate it since! So I was up dealing with the yucky task of dragging broken bags of trash and making sure it was all 'pick-up-able'. I had just finished up and was walking back to the house when I noticed a dollhouse in the neighbor's trash. I looked a little closer and it seemed to be in good shape, dated with a little bit of damage, but totally repairable. I went in and asked Rob if he thought it would be ok to take it from the trash and he thought yes, but I still didn't have the guts to do it myself. So he (love this man!) got dressed at 7am and went digging through the neighbor's trash to bring home a dollhouse for my daughter. I am going to - after I finish our house - paint it and remodle the indside and start collecting furniture (I've really seen it at Big Lots and the $ store for next to nothing) to give it to Sarah for Christmas this year. She'll be almost two and a half. I'm so excited!! I had a dollhouse when I was little, Mom and I spent hours and hours and hours working on it. Can't wait to see Sarah's face when she sees a big bow on it under the tree! I may 'decorate' the inside like our house, wouldn't that be fun??? So excited!

PS- I just went downstairs to take a picture of it and my battery that I bought in Versialles for 19 euros just died. I think I got my money's worth!!!

2 comments:

The Sermonator said...

What a wonderful find! Would you mind if I helped furnish it with stocking stuffers?
That was some battery!

LC Masterpiece said...

hey just wanted to tell you its almost thursday!!