Apr 10, 2006



Looking Back
What an amazing weekend. I'm walking away from it saying "WOW. I have some super friends. God has really blessed us with solid friendships with great people, people who I can admire and love and grow with." I just feel blessed to rub shoulders with people like that. It was kind of funny on Sunday, I felt like we were on display for the whole church to see. It's that sitting in the front row, we filled a whole pew thing.
We had a great time. We scrapbooked some, but spent a lot of time giggling and laughing and letting our hair down, just being silly - being ourselves. We talked about some deep things too - did an excercise with Every Picture Tells A Story that was very telling. I felt like we spent time hearing one another's hearts. The older I get the more I realize it really is all about relationships.
We took the kids to the church's Easter Egg Hunt after service and they had a blast. Then everyone headed for home and I died, literally died in my bed for three hours. It's a good thing I did though, we had youth last night and shared the pictures with them, another really amazing discussion. I am so impressed with our youth, they have so much potential. I see them seeking God in a way that's different from all the other youth we've worked with. They aren't all caught up in worship or appearances, but much deeper than that - wanting to see that God is real, to feel Him in their own hearts. They've beeen listening to a lot of our leader's stories, and you can see them hear it, if you know what I mean. God has a calling on our kids lives, He's just starting to tap them on the shoulder and call them His. I am so psyched about where we are going as a group.
But first, our plans for tonight. My buddy Karen called on Friday to let Rob know that UNITED is going to be in concert at James River in Springfield, MO tonight. Rob is giddy, I kid you not. They are his absolute favorite band - definitely mine too, next to Barlow Girl maybe. We have all their cds, in fact we just got their new one last week. So, we were planning on going ourselves, then Kim pointed out that our youth group is on Spring Break, so we are all going! It's going to be amazing, I just know it. Plus, it's a free concert, so it will be cheap too! (always good!) I just wish some of our other youth leaders could come too. But we are leaving in two hours. Hopefully I will get some good pictures! So we will be home late, and we are crazy because we are taking both our kids, but that's ok.
I'm so in the mood to scrapbook, it's terrible. I need to clean my house and do dishes and balance the checkbook. And laundry. Oh well. I just feel like our life is stuck on the fast forward button and I can't jimmy the lock to get it off! It's ok though, I love our life. I'm so content right now, I think about where we've been and I'm just in awe. Well, I need to get in gear now. Just wanted to update you. I have some new pages to post. Try to get to that soon.

PS - they are mowing outside and the trees are blooming. I love spring!!!

No comments: