Apr 14, 2006

"I'm feeling better now, I'm not quite dead!!"
[said in a thick english accent]

Whew. Amazing to me what a little scrapbooking with some tunes in a quiet studio can do for me. Three pages and a card later I feel like a new person. And I literally was only in there an hour and 45 minutes. Sometimes I forget how much I need "me" time - and then I get all overwhelmed and flustered and wonder why? dork.

But man, it was bad earlier. So glad to be me again. I just need to remember that less than two hours to myself restores a lot.

Things I've been thinking about:

*Used some cheapo rub-ons from Paper Studio. It occured to me how crazy it is that that these super-generic, low end, half-off rub-ons from Hobby Lobby work like a million times better than Heidi's rub-ons (ie - trash - rub-on fall off, crack and peel letters) Sorry, Heidi, I love ya, but you've got to fix these things!!! I love the fonts, but it's just murder trying to work with them. Next HL sale I'm stocking up on the cheapo's. Maybe I'll send Heidi some so she can compare and work out the kinks!!

*I'm really having fun scrapping my Paris album. I'm glad I have 185 pictures printed, I probably will scrap every last one. why? because I can. But seriously, scrapbooking has made me so comfortable in my own skin lately. I feel like I really have hit my groove, I know who I am in the studio and it makes it easier to be me every where else. (and yes, I really get a kick out of calling it 'the studio', like I'm doing some important world-changing art in there, a Picasso or a Rhodan or something. Hey, it's changing my world!

*I really need to mail off my state taxes tomorrow. whoops. :)

*It's really good to be home. I am so thankful for my life. Even with Sarah, right now. I just wish I could keep this perspective all day long, nap or no nap.

*My hair is getting crazy long, it's piled on my head right now and I think it's cute! And my husband is sitting over there, he's cute too. Even if he thinks he's old, I still love him.

*Why the heck is it April 14th and it's 80 degrees outside still!! What is up with that??? It's going to be a long hot summer with no air in our car. details.

Well, I guess that's enough random babbling for tonight. Just wanted to post that I didn't fall into a pit of despair and I'm not sniffing mono in the back room. I just needed a little space.

Looking forward to the weekend. The kids have beautiful new Easter clothes, can't wait to take some pictures.

No comments: