Apr 16, 2006


Happy Easter!!

What a beautiful day. A good day to be alive. I'm sure Jesus agrees! :) We spent the morning in church, my two beautiful children were scrubbed and shiny in their new easter clothes and I don't think I've ever been so proud! Sunday school was awesome, I feel like I am gleaning so much from that hour each week. I finally got my hands on a lesson plan and so now I'm reading the follow-up scriptures each day, that's really driving the lessons home. I can feel myself growing, suddenly God is becoming intellectually engaging to me, not just spiritually and emotionally.
I like that, it feels like there is more to my relationship with Him. The Bible is starting to open up to me, be more real... something I have been praying about for a long time now.

Anyhoo, I digress. Church was awesome. Rob and I were received as new members, along with our pal, Ron. All fifty-five people in churh this morning came and shook our hands. You dont think 55 people is all that many until you hug each one, my smile was ready to fall off!! It felt like our wedding reception all over again. But truely, I am so thankful to be here, we are sooo loved. Happy to see my hubby happy too.

We then were invited to Berryl and Tanya's house for dinner. It was wonderful, so much good cooking. I think I'll gain weight here, I try to keep my portions small. :) The kids had an easter egg hunt, their fourth this year, I think. We came home to our easter baskets too, candy-free. We could feed a small third world country for a week with all the candy these jabronies have raked in in the last ten days! Who knew that a guy on a cross could generate such an uproar for the candy industry?? again, digressing.


Just really thankful for that guy 2000 years ago. Easter never loses it's pull for me. More real this year than ever. Do yourself a favor, watch the Passion if you've never seen it. Let God open up your mind and do an intellectual work on you. Know Him beyond the simple feelings of yourself, let Him work in your heart and mind. happy easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I think you're amazing! =) K--