Nov 7, 2005

an attitude of thankfulness.


I've been thinking. As I was cruising this morning in my new-to-us Buick Intrepid (ha ha) with the moonroof open and Matthew West wailing on the stereo, listening to my kids giggling in the backseat, I couldn't help but just feel blessed. Sure, we've had a lot of crap going on that was undeserved and annoying... but all the good stuff? All the really important stuff? The stuff that they write songs about, the stuff that leaves a legacy? I have all that. I love my kids so much. Even when they are bickering and being crabbypants, I'm so blessed to have such wonderful, fun, happy kids. And my Rob. Well, who wouldn't love him? He's so good to me. And I'm right with God. No big ugly secrets in my brain. It's all out there, in the open. I'm thankful for that. I've screwed up, but it's not hidden for anyone to dig out, you know what I mean?

I'm just happy. It's funny to me because I didn't think I would find happiness again until we moved. That a lot of major things would have to change before I would feel that warm squishy feeling in my heart. Instead happiness just kind of snuck up on me, right here in this little tiny house. I start thinking about all the amazing answers to prayer that God has given us, given me lately. Things I have been praying about for months, even years. I can feel it coming. The winds of change, a gentle breeze picking up momentum, about to change our whole life's direction. I'm ready. I'm trusting God for the next step. The next leap.

I guess this is what peace feels like. thank you God.

No comments: