Nov 23, 2005

Missing my pal this morning.

Just taking a quick break from stuffing my x-mas cards to say wow I miss my buddy, Lori. We usually talk every day on the phone for about forty-five minutes. Her mother-in-law is visiting this week so she hasn't been able to call. We haven't talked since a very brief conversation on Saturday. She's barely even been on IM. So I really miss her and I wonder how she's holding up to the state visit! I bet she has some stories for me on Friday! I know she usually reads my blog, so hi at you if your out there! No calls have made me realize (in case I didn't already know) how much I value her friendship. It's like having someone in the trenches with me, even though she's a state away! We keep each other going during the daily.

Speaking of daily. Happy thanksgiving to me. Eli threw up last night all over my couch, which desperately needed cleaning anyway, but gross. He had it in his eyes, up his nose, down his shirt, in his hair. Eww!!! So I'm sending him to the bathroom and starting to clean it up - trying to keep Sarah from playing in it - and he throws up a second time on the way to the bathroom. Seriously, all over the floor, the cabinets, the bathroom door and the side of the fridge. It was sooooo gross. I have never seen or cleaned so much throw-up in all my life. So I'm franticly cleaning it up and he's standing there telling me how I missed a spot, meanwhile Sarah is touching the throw-up on his back. It was interesting. I really missed Rob in that moment. Times like that make me so thankful that we think we are done. Can you imagine 3 or 4 kids throwing up at once? double and triple eww!! I don't think people think about that enough when they decide to have so many kids. I do, simply because my kids are always sick. Sarah has been dealing with diarrea for several days now, to the tune of 10-12 diapers a day. I was feeling pretty gross last night too, but it was one of those things where I just couldn't get sick, if you know what I mean. I know I've said this before, but in my book that is the hardest part of motherhood, the lack of time off. For instance, Sarah was up until 10pm last night, got up again at 11:30 and then was up at 6am. She's of course, sleeping it off now, but I'm up taking care of Eli's needs. He's feeling much better this morning, just for the record. While we are stating things for the record - I really hate throw-up.
Anyhoo, slated for today are my x-mas cards (stuffing and stamping), cleaning the house (agh!) and maybe a trip to Creations Unlimited, I need a mat for my cutter and I could really use a new Heidi Swapp fix. :) At least I'm honest about it, right? Ooh, and I'm just about done with my HOF entry. Just down to finishing my supply lists and pasting them together. I decorated my envelope yesterday. It's too stinking cute. I will post a picture here later. So excited to get this puppy mailed!! And scared, cause that means I can't touch it for the next 4 months, but that's ok, right? I'll be ok. Well, thinks to do. ta-ta!

No comments: