Nov 17, 2005

one last list this morning

Got an email with assignments for one of Ali Edward's classes. It looks so good, wish I could go, but very unrealistic. She did have a neat fill-in-the-blank kind of thing. Here it goes.

I am... tired. sick. feeling better!! Happy to be alive. Even happier to be moving! ready for change. in love with my hubby. creative. funny - sometimes. motivated. inspired. thin. imperfect. selfish. a mom. a wife. a sister. a daughter. a grand-daughter. a cousin. a friend. a threat (to some people I suppose) stronger than I admit. smart. naive. friendly. not easily impressed. a scrapbook supply snob.

[moving on]

I live... in a house too small with more wildlife than I care for. for each day. for God, in a big way. on the outside looking in. with three amazing people. LOUD.

I eat... sporadically. ChickfilA is my favorite. too many sweets.

I go... not enough places. To small group. To church (at least I used too, before everything got crazy here). to MOPs. to visit family. to Paris, in the spring! to Walmart - sad but true. to Pricecutter. to the pediatricians. to school. shopping.

I need... More hours in the day. More money. Less clutter. More time with God. A good babysitter. a labodomy (sp?). some new church clothes, man, I'm looking old! Fresh ideas on how to be a good mom. personal space... more alone time with my husband.

I watch... my kids grow every day. Rob struggle with school. my son act like a goofball. ER, Desperate Housewives (there, I admitted it), the world go to hell in a handbasket.

I read... my bible, though not enough. fiction. Creating Keepsakes. the 2peas message boards. other people's body language and facial expressions. into things, way too much. e-mail. all the time. scrapbooking books and magazines.

I love... so much. My family - the four of us. Rob - he's a hottie and I'm still in love with him after being together for almost nine (gulp) years. My kids - even when they drive me crazy. My new car. Our future. Our life, even with it's ups and downs. my camera and the ability to capture snippets of our life together. scrapbooking. art. architecture. learning, growing, changing. worship. the internet and email. Snail-mail. scrapbook supplies. new ideas. My friends. surprises. going out for dinner. Mud puddles from the Mudhouse.

I believe... we can make this world a better place. in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. the best is yet to come. people are worth loving. in Rob, that he will graduate and provide for us, that he is good father and a loving husband. in myself - God doesn't ask more of me than I can give.

I grow... more and more everyday. In big ways and small. with my eyes open and sometimes kicking and screaming. slowly. In more ways than I want to. more thankful and more humble.

Wow, that turned out to be a lot deeper than I expected. Kind of a lot for a random Thursday morning. oh well. Off to tackle the dishes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're lucky to get to eat chick-fil-a. that's one of many things i miss about sioux city. i read the rest of your entry tinking about chick-fil-a. but we're going back for thanksgiving, maybe i can sneak in a number one no pickle for old times sake..

antho said...

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. I like knowing that someone in the cosmos is reading my stupid blog! I love ChickfilA, but we don't get to eat there super-often. It's in the mall, which is pretty hard with two kids. But we do eat there every time we go to the mall, in fact, Eli calls the mall itself Chick-fil-a. He must think that Chick-fil-A rents out spaces to all those other stores! :) Rob misses it too. Oh well, I'm sure St. Louis has chicken!
Say hi to Anne and Emma for me! Rob was noting how similar our girls look and he's totally right. don't know if you noticed, but it's nice! Miss you guys. -a