Nov 17, 2005

the sunny side of the street

I've been thinking. Trying not to get in that 'grass is always greener' mode about our new house/church/town/life. It's hard though. The time we've spent here has been very tough. A rough season in our life. But I think I am skipping over this last month too quickly. So today, in the spirit of being positive, I'm going to make a list of things I like and will miss about this house, this place. Warning, it might be a short list, but I'm going to try.

* As much as I complain about it, some days it's nice being a hermit, alone in the world, not being bothered, not having to make any appearances. I love that I had Sarah while she was small here, being able to nurse and whatever whenever I needed too.

* Gotta love free rent, right? And utilities. But the best is my free DSL.

* I love our pediatrician. We are going to miss him so much. He's brilliant. He's a christian. He's really loving with both my kids. I have never had a pediatrician I really trusted. We are having our last visit today and I'm sad!

* I love that there is a great scrapbook store just down the road - literally 5 minutes from my house. Going to miss that.

* My small group. A great bunch of ladies on Monday nights. I get so much done because of pre-planning. It keeps me going. I love having time away too. Going to miss them a ton.

* Food stamps. They've been a really big blessing to us. We literally would not have had $ for food without them.

* Medicaid. My kids have been so sick the whole time we've been here. Can't imagine how much $ medicaid has spent on them.

* Kim. I'm really going to miss Kim. She's been such a good and faithful friend. I hope she'll visit a lot.

And that's about it I think. I'm so ready to move. Maybe later I will work on a 'things I'm excited about in our new house/life' list. Hmmm. things to ponder.

No comments: