Nov 12, 2005

so hard being a mom when you're sick.

I really miss having days off. Sick days. Vacation days. Personal days. (ha) I find it ironic that the job I don't get paid for requires so much of me on a daily/hourly basis.

I actually had a good day, considering I can feel a sinus infection coming on. It's been a very lazy day, working on my Christmas gifts. I also did a scrapbook page, but I'm very unimpressed with it. I'll post it here cause it's by no means HOF worthy. I'm almost done with all that work, just in the final stages of choosing layouts to send in.

Kim came over this afternoon, I made cookies and we talked. Then we scrapbooked this evening. It was fun. She's such an easy friend to hang out with, very laid back and 'whatever'. I always feel like I can really just relax and be myself with her, she doesn't judge me.

Fought the saturday crowds at Walmart today. It was crazy. I don't know why I went there this afternoon, except Rob had figured out my pictures for the ornaments and I really wanted to see if his concept had worked. Plus I've been drooling over Mason Jars for days now and finally decided to fork over the $6.33 they were asking for them. Spent a good part of the afternoon stuffing my yards and yards of ribbon into each jar, I'm going to put them on a shelf in my studio. I'm so ready to set up that room, I think about it a lot. My friend Lori altered a clock the other day and has inspired me to do one for my room too. I need to plan it, but then I'll get the clock and get to work. I want to have as much of the little fun things done before we move as we can. Filling days again.

Rob and I were waiting in a ridiculously long check out line at WM (the lady ahead of us was *literally* emptying her cart one item at a time, like a $200 tab, and contesting the price of each item). We were laughing at the lady, but looking at home decor magazines. I saw a spice rack used for sewing nick nacks and I couldn't help but think how cool that would be for my studio. I have a really neat spice rack that was my great grandmothers, including all the vintage bottles. I'm going to paint the rack white and clean the bottles for storage. It even has tiny drawers! How fun will that be? I'll post before and after pictures. Not sure when I'll start it, but soon. So excited for my studio.

Anyhoo, I'm wiped. I'm going to post some pictures and then it's off to bed I go.

No comments: