Feb 22, 2006

Hey.... (said in gayest voice possible with a girly hand gesture)

It's the punch line to a joke Rob's mom told us last night. We've been laughing about it all day. "You know that movie, Brokeback Mountain? Do you know what the cowboys fed their horses?" Anyhoo, we found it funny and we've been saying "hay" to each other all day. But we are wierd like that.

You must like weird, because you're still reading!

Great day. Spent way too much money, but that's just us lately. Still working off of our 'approved' tax return purchases, so it's ok. Trying to finish up preparing for Paris - got my travel journal and french phrase book tonight. We were chilling at Barnes & Nobles with no kids and a couple foo-foo coffees, laughing about how this wasn't our life. We still think we belong in Ozark in a job we hated, getting ready to open camp again for the spring. We both have such a sense of relief, not having to deal with the pool this summer, but that's another entry in itself.

Anyhoo, the journal I found is very eighties/modern. Has blank and lined pages, lots of random travel icons and pictures and ticket stubs. Lots of potential. I want to journal a lot over there, since I'm sure I'll be bombarded with inspiration. The phrase book was inexpensive and looked very helpful. I'm sure the French people will cry when they hear me butcher their beautiful language, but at least I will make an effort. Getting very excited.

Hit IKEA this afternoon. Rob loved it. I didn't realize how tactile he is, touching everything, pulling out every drawer, opening every cabinet. He kept saying "I like this, we could do this, wouldn't this be cool?" It was very fun. We bought two small matching dressers for our master bedroom. I'm so excited to put that room back together. We also found a very pretty duvet cover and pillow shams, super reasonable. That's why I love IKEA. Even Rob, who pays no attention to prices whatsoever, realized how incredibly inexpensive everything was. He was stoked.

We bought a few other random things, trying to make it worth the 300 miles and $6 in tolls it took to get there. We made really good time and now we are settling in for a quiet night. Missing the kids in the tiniest way, but still so thankful for the peace and quiet. Well, I'm crazy cause it's late and I'm away with my hubby, so I'll catch you later!

No comments: