Feb 1, 2006




It is finished.

Another room done. Only 42 to go. Just kidding, it's more like 7 and two hallways. Totally achievable, right? Probably not before Paris, but I can at least get a big chunk done. Tomorrow I am going to tackle downstairs hallway, leading from the dining room to the master bedroom/bath. I already have it primed, so it shouldn't be too bad. I was originally going to paint it while I did the dining room, but I hesitated about painting it mustard, since there is no light in that hallway. But now that the dining room is finished I know it has to be mustard - it just needs that kick! There is a great closet at the end and two doors, so lots of light will still get through.

I love this room. It's so warm and cheerful. Very comfortable, but just formal enough for company. Rob loves it too. He said it's a very modern color, but it's so us. I'm calling my house's style Modern Traditional. Not sure if that's really a style, but it's mine. I'm trying to embrace the structure's clean lines and original woodwork, but with funky fresh colors and lots of little details. Plus, it has to be kid friendly and baby proof. I'm so excited, with this second room I feel like I have a grasp of where the house it going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, awesome!!! Love the colors!!! A designers dream!!!