Feb 17, 2006

plodding along.

Do you ever just get to the point where you are just ready to send those kids to bed and call it a day? Man, I sure do. It's just been a really long day and long week and I'm ready for a break. I'm trying to convince Rob that I could run off to St. Louis in the am - I'm itching to go back to Red Lead. These kids have just been driving me crazy today and I get a whole night with them now. I'm thinking a 7pm bedtime sounds good. I know, I'm bad. Sarah just keeps yelling and screaming and saying "up" and I've been holding her for the last 2 hours or so. My arms are about to fall off. Which I'm tired anyway, I've been hanging curtains and doing laundry and painting all day. I'm almost done with the seconary cabinet that will go on top of the tv cabinet. It's going to hide the vcr and playstation, etc. I'll be thrilled to have it done.

The house smells awesome, I have a cheesecake baking for tomorrow's belated valentine's dinner at church. It's so tempting to cut out a slice for me and attach a note "I couldn't resist - sorry!". I haven't had my home-made cheesecake in a long time. It's a good thing Rob's already gone for the evening or I'd really be making a second one, it's his all-time fav. dessert, right next to strawberry shortcake.

I say all that and I just pulled out the cheesecake. It totally doesn't look right. Note that I have the oven from you-know-where. It doesn't cook things thoroughly but it burns everything. So I'm left with this half-raw, mostly scorched tortuous thing that doesn't resemble a cheesecake. Don't really know if I can bring it tomorrow night. Might find myself Schnuck-ing instead. Or brownies. Brownies are always a hit, right? Brownies sound yummy too. Mmmm.. Dessert just sounds good right now.

Well, hoping to finish up that chest tonight. Also hoping to paint my canvas's for the master bedroom. Just found out that IKEA carries fabric too - I had a hunch they did, so I'll find new headboard fabric for that too. Yippee. Really looking forward to some down time tonight. Hope it's productive.

No comments: