Feb 26, 2006

random things that God revealed to my heart this weekend

Target was pretty intense. God laid some things on my heart and I'd like to share them here, not so much for you, but more as a record for me.

* Worry about stuff that matters! (I worry about the little stuff all the time - but rarely have kingdom cares. Too self-consumed)

* Prioritizing my time with God alone. I can't do this by myself.

* REST. I need to learn to be still. Stop moving, rushing, working. Rob and I realized that I really never sit down. I get up and work and do so until the end of the day. I never take a day to just hang out, to chill and be me. This is necessary for me to stay healthy.

* More love - less trying to prove my point. Rely on God to correct those around me, and moreso to correct and instruct me.

* Surround Rob with prayer. I constantly encourage him vocally, but I need to back it up with prayer. His job is hard and he is attacked. I can help him through prayer more than anything. I can trust God to perfect him, as He is perfecting me.

* Give Rob leadership of our house. Stop trying to take it from him or steer him in my direction - subconciuosly or otherwise. He values my opinion too much, I need to be more careful with my influence.

Last, but not least. Are we still talking about trust? Really? Do we have to? After all these years? Has God ever let me down? Even when it's felt like He's failed me, time always proves otherwise. Wow. That is truth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anna, your button went out in the mail this morning. Don't miss reading my blog today, you are in it. :) Karen