Feb 18, 2006

today.

I was doing dishes and building a mental to-do list when I realized what a crappy blogger I've been lately. I started blogging in my head, while washing and rinsing. I've just been so consumed with bringing my house to life - everything else has fallen by the wayside. I used to have a hobby too, scrapbooking. But now I just lovingly glance at my studio as I breeze by lugging a can of paint or searching for the power drill.

It's getting there though. Our house is really taking on some personality, and thankfully, it's ours. I feel like all I do is paint and run to Lowe's, but it will be so worth it when I'm done. A home. Our home. I may never want to leave again.

I'm trying to get as much done as possible before Paris, which is so not far away. But my mom is coming that week and I want to show her a mostly finished house. We'll be in Rockford most of next week though, so it will be a loss as far as house is concerned, but great for RobNAnna. We need some time away. We've both been so focused since we moved. Really, before that even, getting school done and packed and moved here. whew. It will be so great to just relax together for a few days. Plus IKEA. woohoo.

The living room is totally together. Curtains hung, cabinet finished, furniture in place. The only thing we still want to do is find some pretty green plants, Lowe's had some great ones, but I'm waiting to find a planter at IKEA next week. I will take some pictures soon and get them up here for you to peruse.

Sarah's room is painted. Very pretty. I have to hang the curtains tomorrow still, but it looks great. Her pictures are all hung. She loves it. Eli's begging me to do his room next.

Long rough day. I'm wiped.

No comments: