Feb 23, 2006

[sex is the glue that holds a marriage together]

Wow. That got your attention, didn't it? (Mom, you may want to skip this entry) This is a direct quote from a book I found at B&N last night. Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Leman. Rob and I have always been big believers in picking up a christian sex book about once a year and just checking in on the status of this important part of our life together. The book is fab. I'm already on page 49. If you are married, I highly recommend it.

Anyhoo, I say all that to say that things between me and Rob have been a little less than perfect lately, and I realized this morning that it was because the past ten days or so that area of our life had been a little neglected. This book explains that your sex life sets the thermostat for the rest of your marriage, it's a direct indicator of where things are going. I want to encourage all you married ladies to take some time to invest in that area of your life, buy some new lingerie, invest in a good (christian) sex book [resist the urge to look in the 'relationships dept @ B&N - you'll be flabberghasted], try something new in the bedroom. Believe me, you'll be glad you did. A happy husband just makes life more fun. Here's to good sex!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--those were the first words out of my mouth...I'm not surprised at your comment merely at your courage to share on your blog! I'm proud of you for throwing it out there--and obviously the time away has been good! ;-) See I told you IKEA would be foreplay!

LC Masterpiece said...

yeah... Blogger Anna is not the shy reserved Anna we all know and love in real life. Blogger Anna likes to tell the world that she and Rob just had some great sex in a hotel. Too funny. You crack me up Anna! I'm glad you are enjoying the book... I might have to check it out. I'm also glad you and Rob have made up and it sounds like he isn't on your list anymore.

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny that Lori and I are tag-teaming you on your blog now...this is kind of fun!! Obviously having so much fun you couldn't answer the phone tonight...hehe Hope you didn't give Pastor Ed your blog address! Just thought I would throw that out there...LOL LOL LOL

LC Masterpiece said...

ok... so I decided to continue the tag team comments that our little anonymous friend Kim and I have going on. :)
I agree that hopefully Pastor Ed doesn't read your blog... too funny.
And Kim I'm suprised you would even try to call Anna at the hotel last night after her blog entry. Don't want to interupt the newly weds. :)

Ok... I'm done... its kinda fun to pick on Anna when she is obviously too busy to defend herself.

antho said...

Oh, I see, I'm out of the state and you guys see the need to pick on me? What's that about? I didn't come out and say we had sex. I was merely talking about the importance of sex. I'm so glad you both like to read in between the lines so much.

And KIM, I think it's funny what you'll talk about and not attach your name too. Hmmmm.. Not as brave and brazen as we all think you are. At least I had the guts to put my name to my comments. :) love ya both, glad I could put some color in an otherwise drab day for you both!

Unknown said...

Color? Color you say???? Sister there has been a little color in the St.Clair house ever since your love blog!!! I realized that I have been "asleep" in that area after 20 years of marriage, time to spice it up a bit!!! Ok, it hasn't been as grand as all that, but at least I'm aware there may be some spicing up to do. With teens and babies in the house, spice is the last thing on anybodies mind. Thanks for the book reference, I couldn't find it at Bourders so I think I'll try Amazon. Anna, did I mention that you are a Scream!!!