Dec 30, 2005

becoming a middle-of-the-night blogger?

I guess. Strange day yesterday. Rob took the day off, which is good, since he's supposed to be off all week. I was planning a St. Louis excursion by myself, but he decided he wanted to go with. At first I was a tiny bit disappointed (not for his company, but the kids) but as the day progressed I was really thankful he drove. We went to O'Fallon, IL first, found a game store he was looking for and a scrapbook store I was looking for. It was a good store, but I guess I just felt that crummy because I wasn't too excited. Then we drove down to the south side of St. Louis and hit For Keeps Sake, which I also really liked, but no major excitement (like usual scrapbook shopping for me!). We got back in the car to go home and all of the sudden I felt really crummy. We had to run to the Shop And Spend for supplies for our New Year's Eve Party and Walmart for Chapstick (ha!) and my prescription - yes, I finally got some drugs for this sinus infection.

We came home and I called Lori, but didn't talk long, feeling worse by the minute. I scrapbooked one page while Sarah slept but my heart wasn't in it. By the time I finished that page it was supper time and it was all I could do to slide a frozen pizza in the oven. I just wanted to lay down and rest. We watched "Cat in the Hat" as a family (very cute, unfortunately way too much in the way of inuendos and cleavage for a children's movie!) Much to Eli's frustration we put the kids to bed at 7:30, but they were both wiped out from a long week and a long day. I tried to keep my eyes open on the couch for an hour, but finally lost the battle and went to bed about 8:30. Isn't that crazy? I'm trying to get a lot of rest though, so my antibiotics will do their thing this time and I'll actually get better and enjoy my life again!

Sarah woke up about forty minutes ago, so that's why I'm up. I tried to go back to bed, but I had already gotten 7 hours of sleep, so it's going to take a little convincing I'm afraid. I could scrap, but I really don't feel that great still, so I'm blogging and eating some yogurt, also trying to drown this sinus infection with bottled water.

Hopefully, I can mostly take it easy today. I talked with Char yesterday and she's down with strep, so we are re-scheduling for next weekend. As sad as I am about that, I'm really thankful to have the time to recuperate. I desperately need it at this point. I just want to get better so I can be the old me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Anna, so sorry your down with the sinus thing, We have had it for 2 weeks around here and I know what your going through. That and I'm having MAJOR Anna withdrawals!!! I just want to hear you say, "cute........." and kidnap you to CU or Scrap Gen. (Ok, open weeping inserted here) You will just have to continue to inspire me from afar with you amazing blog. I have a goal of getting shelves put in this weekend for my scrap area. Jeff told me last night that he has wood that I can us in the garage and I just have to paint them, if I can get him involved in cutting them. I've been satuating myself with HGTV so that I can get a momentum going in the "project" area. I'll let you know what happens.....to be continued! Have a great weekend and Happy New You!!!(Year) Karen :P

antho said...

Glad to hear someone is being inspired! It's certainly not me. I need some inspiration to get my laundry done and the dishes out of the sink! (missing that dishwasher today) And I'm under strict orders to "take it easy" - ha ha, that's not possible when you are a mom of pre-schoolers!

Just want to encourage you on the shelves, they are super easy and fun. I haven't really used mine much yet, but they just make me happy walking by!

Miss you too, missing your great stores, all so close to home. Everything here is a 30+ minute drive, but that's ok because church is so close!

Hope you have a happy day!