Dec 31, 2005

goodbye 2005

How is that even possible? Where did the year go? I remember in 2002 Rob figured out that he would be graduating in 2005 and I think I cried, thinking that was such a long way off, I hadn't even thought of 2005 at that point. And now it's here and gone. A lifetime achievement accomplished for Rob. What did I do in 2005? I found some fun questions to help me answer just that question. (shocking, Anna has some questions!) If any of you blog, I'd love to hear you answer the same questions, since I probably already stalk your blog anyway. Post your link in the comments!

50 Year End Questions:

What are your resolutions for the next year?
I answered this a couple days ago, see 'new years resolutions'.

What happened in your life that you never expected to happen?
Finding myself really happy before the end of the year.

What is one thing you did that you have never done before?
Shopping at IKEA!

What were your biggest achievements?
Kind of random, but finishing my HOF entry and successfully moving us to another state. We only lost one thing in the move, the battery recharger, not sure what that's about! Nothing broken, no lost boxes. Very proud of that accomplishment. :)

What were your biggest challenges?
Staying home with a pre-schooler, living as a family of four in 500 sq. feet, surviving the last two months in MO without any income, staying with Sarah in the hospital back in March, dealing with the Camp Sonrise renovation.

What is your biggest regret?
Not investing myself into our life in Ozark.

When were you happiest?
Not sure, had a really good time with Char in Chicago. Spent a lot of great time with Kim. Really enjoyed the couple of times I scrapped with Lori. Generally, I'm a pretty happy person, even in the midst of that rough situation.

Who was your best friend?
Obviously, Lori. We've been best friends for 9 years now and I doubt much in life could change that at this point. We talk every day and share nearly every detail of our lives. I value her friendship so much. But I've had a lot of really close second places. Kim has greatly impacted me this year and I miss her tons. I also had a lot of really great people who continually pour into my life; Thank you Karen, Tricia, Lisa, LeAnn, and Becky. There are a lot of 'famous' scrapbookers who feel like friends - only because I read their blogs daily and they greatly inspire me. And Rob, always, is my best boyfriend. I can tell him anything and he still loves me. I feel like we aren't super-close this second, he's dealing with a ton of change, but I know we will come back together tighter than ever as soon as he's adjusted to our new life, he's just a tiny bit consumed right now and that's ok.

Who surprised you this year? In what way?
Char took my breath away, with a promise of Paris in the Spring.

Who did you admire most this year?
Wow, tough question. I've spent a lot of time thinking about my mom lately, how she did what I do and more with flair. Being a mom is super-hard work.
Also, done a lot of Heidi Swapp stalking this year, I love her line (no secret) and I really enjoy learning from her work. Ali Edwards continually impresses me as well.

Who were you in love with?
My Rob. Still am. He's my all, even when he's distracted. I love the person he's become. I love that I've walked with him from the time he was 19. I love that we have the same humor and the same passion. I love that he adores our children. I love our life together. I love that he's finally doing what he's called to do, and I love that I helped him accomplish that. I just love him!

What was the most important lesson you learned?
God can change your life in a moment, if you trust Him with your life.

What was your favorite TV show?
By far, ER. We rarely miss it. Love that Nela got married this year!

What was your favorite film?
Stupid, but I really liked Monster-In-Law. I worked for a crazy rich white lady back in Sioux City and Jane Fonda did a marvelous job portraying her! I saw a lot of movies this year, but only maybe two in the theatre, so it's hard to remember what was from 2005. But I did just finally see the village and it's an amazing movie, loved it, I think we might buy it. Not scary, just very deep and awesome and intriguing.

What was your favorite book?
So sad, I barely read this year. But I do enjoy the book of questions. Also got a kick out of Love Your Handwriting.

What was your favorite food?
Right now? Casey's pizza. (childhood thing, and we have one here) And I'm really missing my mudpuddle from Mudhouse in Springfield. Can't find a coffee joint to save my life here!

What was your favorite song?
easy. 100 years by Five for Fighting. Also way into Closer to Fine by the Indigo Girls. And Home by Michael Buble.

What were your favorite phrases?
I'm sure you can tell me better than I can tell you. 'Stinking' has got to be up there.

What did you do for your Birthday?
Dinner at Cheddar's with my family + Kim. It was great.

Which was your favorite holiday?
Probably the kid's birthday pool party. It was way fun and Christmas and Thanksgiving were both pretty much wash-outs.

What was the best gift you gave?
Didn't give a lot of gifts this year, because we spent 50 weeks of the year broke. But I did make some pretty cool clipboards for Lori and Char.

What was the best gift you received?
Designing w/ 2006 calendar.

What did someone say to you that surprised you?
Lori said something about how I have a real chance with HOF. I lived off that comment for weeks. Just knowing that she thought I had a chance, gave me hope I guess. Probably because she's the most realistic person I know, so if she thinks I have a shot, it's probable. Thanks, Lori. :)

What was your hobby?
Gee, I don't know, scrapbooking? But in the new year, I'm looking forward to home decor taking a close second. I also enjoy blogging, surfing, shopping, coking and baking and any kind of creating.

What new discoveries did you make?
The $ video rental at PriceCutter. That made the tiny house a lot more liveable!

What was your guilty pleasure for the year?
My small group. I really treasured Monday nights!

What did you do on an average day?
dishes, vacuuming, laundry, scrapbooking, surfing, blogging. Lots of diaper changes.

What was your fashion like?
I like fitted jeans, just starting to layer with tanks. I love jackets. My favorite purchase was my grass green cordorouy jacket from the Gap. Yummy.

What was your career/job like?
My job. ha ha. I miss working for real, for the first time in almost five years. Looking forward to going back to work in a few years. I stay home with two kids, I love it most days. I was greatly insulted the other day, when I was asking one of our youth if she liked to babysit and what she would charge. She said $15 or $20 an hour. I wanted to say "you know I do this for free, right? Every day, day in and day out, all hours of the night some times. And YOU want me to pay you $15 or $20 an hour to do what I do for free?" Put my life in perspective a bit, I guess.

Did you make more/less/same amount than the previous year?
Can you make less than nothing? I guess with inflation.... It's conceivable that nothing this year is significantly less than nothing was last year. hmm. I'll have to think on that.

What new skills did you learn this year?
How to dress a little girl! And a lot of new techniques with scrapbooking!

What do you think was your most valuable contribution?
Well, I hope it's to my children. I hope that someday they realize that I stayed home for years with them and considered it a great sacrifice.

What lesson(s) did you learn about yourself?
I truly can do anything I put my mind to. My only limitations are self-imposed.

What were the most significant events of the past year?
Rob almost getting fired and then quitting. Getting the cousins together @ Sonrise in March. Eli starting pre-school. Sarah learning to walk and now talk. Moving to Illinois. Charlotte getting married. Lori having Hannah.

What were you afraid of?
Not having enough money to fill the gas tank to get Rob to school. It was a very real possiblity many times.

What was your most memorable journey?
Probably the Chicago trip with Char, mixed in the Champaign trip with Kim. Just a really great trip. :) And next year, I'll say Paris!

Which did you do more of? Smile or cry?
Hard question. I did a lot of both. The last year was really hard, filled with lots of trials. But I think I smiled a lot too. My children bring me a lot of joy and my friends make me laugh.

Did you make any new friends?
Yes. I always make new friends. It's just part of who I am.

Did you lose any old friends?
I'm afraid so. But I guess that's part of life. Sometimes other people make decisions to let friendships die, despite your best efforts.

Did you have any births/deaths in your family?
Not really. I did just find out my cousin is preggo, so that's exciting.

Did you fall in love/out of love?
Nope. Still loving the same people. They are pretty great, can't see that changing any time soon!
BUT, now that I think about it, I did fall in love with the Heidi Swapp line!

What is your newest tech item?
My cable internet service. I love it!

What was your most extravagant purchase?
Sadly, enough, our car. We needed it, but it felt wrong since we didn't have a job at the time. But it's been such a blessing!
And secondly, that grass green cordorouy coat, but I love it!!!

What should you have done more of?
Ouch. Reading my bible. I pray a lot, but don't study the Word enough. Also, trusting God for our every need. He's proved us over and over, I just need to trust.

What should you have done less of?
worrying.

What made the biggest difference in your life?
1500 square feet. I love love LOVE my house!

What gave you joy?
My children. And scrapbooking.

What made you sad?
Our old church. honestly. I think they've missed the big picture and I am sad for them. We've moved on, but there are so many people still there. I pray that God changes the very heart of that church.

What is your motto for the year?
You don't remember? Choose contentment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anna, Please let me know the blog addresses of any scrapbookers that you look at. I want to read what they are doing etc. Ali Edwards etc. are so cool, must be great to be them. Thanks, Karen :P