Jan 1, 2006


party like it's 1999

One of my all time favorite phrases, so sacred that I reserve it for special occasions as not to overuse it! That was us, last night. We stayed up way too late with our youth and had a really good time getting to know them. Turns out they are almost all Napolean fans, so we fit right in! The tots were a big hit too.

I had planned on spending today scrapping, but my sister decided she was feeling well enough to come for a visit, so I got to do last minute stuff for tonight instead. We are having a little party, Casey's pizza and cake and presents in her honor. It should be fun.

Our church has an awesome tradition of holy communion in family groups, so we just got back from that. It was really neat, but sad because our kids are crazy of course, I wish Rob and I could have just done it alone, but I guess this was more meaningful. Plus it was really neat that Char got to join us.

I think tomorrow we are going to go check out Olde Time Pottery in St. Louis, it just looks really fun and girly, seemed like a good idea for us girls. Rob is not at all interested. It's so fun to have a house to play in!!! I think Char likes our house, I just hope she can see it with the inspiration I have for it. Give me six months and you'll barely recognize it! My brain is percolating with new ideas as we speak! I'll probably at least start buying paint next week.

Well, I don't want to be long here, Char's playing upstairs with Eli and it's almost time to pick up our 'za. MMMmmmm. Casey's pizza. It's a long-standing birthday tradition in our family growing up. Convienient that it can be re-instated! Anyhoo, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I've now figured out to leave anonymous comments on your blog! =) hehe... I just love catching up on your life--so great! I miss you lots and will talk to you very soon! K--