Jan 3, 2006

a quick re-cap

Finally a moment to blog. Whew. It's been kind of crazy here the last couple of days. Not really sure why, maybe it's just me. I still feel like there is a ton to do and not enough time to do it in. Eli started school this morning, so I rewarded my three week Christmas (non) break with a morning of scrapping. I started and finished 2 pages, so that was exciting for me. Then I spent a good chunk of the afternoon going through our desk and shredding old files. I feel like a tiny part of our life is a lot more organized. Now if I could get to the other 99% of my life and get it in shape! ha ha!

My studio is my happy place. Just in case you were wondering. All the chaos in my life stops when I enter that room to work - the world just hazes away and I find my creative groove and get going. I spent 90 minutes of bliss in there this morning, and I've been trying to get back there ever since!

I reconnected with an old friend today. Joe and Dory have been our pals for eight years now. They got married the same day as us, one of the few couples who married back then that are still together, unfortunately. Cleaning out my desk I ran across an old christmas card from them and decided to try and call. So glad I did. I'm really going to try to be better about prioritizing my friendships.

Officially called to move our membership from MAG to our new church. The end of a great run really, I love MAG. That place will always have a special part of my heart. We fell in love in that building, I really let God get to me in that building, we married at that altar. Both of our beautiful children were dedicated to the Lord in the same sacred spot where we took our vows. I made my peace with God over our miscarriages on that carpet, crying and praying like I never have before. I know it's just a building, but part of MAG is in our heritage.

Starting to really make this our home. Deciding to really love it here, with every breath of my being. Like when you marry someone, how you decide you will love everything about them, even if it's not your perfect ideal? That's me and this place. I have decided I will love it here and this will be our home and that is enough for me.

Itching to paint. It's welling up inside me, I look at the walls and imagine them freshly painted. I think I'm ready. I'm finally feeling better, thanks to heavy antibiotics. Ready to start a new project. Toying with some pretty crazy ideas for the living room and my studio. Excited to get the ideas out of my head and up on the walls. Starting my shopping list for Lowes.

Massively failing at my New Year's resolutions already. Sucks too, so not me. Normally I'm a major resolution person, but I feel like we are still trying to get a hold of our new life, everything is so different and there is so much to do. I get up every morning and start and feel like the end of the day I've done a ton but barely made a dent in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure I'm making progress, it's just hard to see the forest for all the trees.

No comments: