Jan 11, 2006

From Ali's Blog - because I can...

Four jobs you have had in your life:
Jeweler's Apprentice : By far the coolest experience I've ever had. Surreal. Glamorous in unexpected ways, hard work, such a growth experience.
Waitress : Not sure why I'm including this, but I was terrible and it was funny. I spilled more pitchers of water in people's laps! Now, when people spill on me I just smile and try to tip them well because I know how much it sucks to be a waitress.
Jewelry Store Floor Manager : Rob makes me include the "floor" part so you know I wasn't really in charge, just 6 shifts a week. A fun job, but I don't miss drooling over jewelry I can't afford. I'd rather be a jeweler honestly, then working in a crappy mall store.
Stay-at-home Mom : Kind of obvious, but because I've been doing it five years I feel the need to include it. Today's been a particular tough day on the job, but I'm pulling through.

Four movies you would watch over and over:
Steel Magnolias
Napolean Dynamite
Fried Green Tomatoes
The Family Man

Four places you have lived:
Evanston, IL while my mom was in seminary.
Springfield, MO while my hubby was in Bible College.
Correctionville, IA - and no, there isn't a prison there. They screwed up when they mapped out the highway system and the place they happened to fix it resulted in a big jog in the road, thus the name ''Correct"tionville. Good story though, huh?
Ozark, MO. Wow, did I just admit that? Most humbling place on my list. Learned a lot. Made some great friends.

Four TV shows you love to watch:
ER.
Desperate Housewives. ( I know, I'm going to hell just for watching it, but it's soooo funny and I change the channel anytime anyone heads for the bedroom. Plus, there's just something about being a SAHM that is truly desperate. I can relate!)
Seinfield. (what? It's off the air???)
Law & Order SVU.

Four places you have been on vacation:
Breckenridge, CO
Disneyworld
St. Louis
Washington DC
(soon I can put Paris on that list!)

Four of my favorite foods:
Casey's Pizza
Cheddar's Spinach Dip
Home-made popcorn - popped on the stove w/ real butter
Black Forest Gummy Worms

Four places I would rather be right now:
An expensive resort spa, getting a facial and manicure - simultaneously!
Hanging out with my pal Lori for her big birthday.
Shopping at my favorite scrapbook store.
In this house, only completely painted according to my specifications. Maybe with a butler and a maid. (as long as we are dreaming)

And uh, Lori, TAG YOUR IT. Your turn to post something on that link you to refer to as a blog. Cut and paste this bad boy into a post and let's see your answers!

No comments: