Jan 19, 2006





{I love us}

Have I mentioned lately that I love my life? These are outtakes from an amazing day. We started out early, with the kids going to bed so awesomely last night. Sarah is feeling a lot better. Eli headed off to school and I got to work cleaning house, after we all had a breakfast of hot cinnamon rolls together first. I worked on the house and email, etc while Rob played with Sarah and fussed in the basement. After Eli came home we had lunch and headed to the Alton mall to buy Eli's birthday presents (it's just a week away). I had called ahead and had things held at the counter so he wouldn't see what I was buying.

I think I forgot to mention that the ladies of the church are having a surprise birthday party for Eli on Sunday night. He's going to be ecstatic! He's been begging me for a party ever since Sarah's first, back in August. And it's hard, because we don't know anyone here yet. So the ladies felt bad for him and are organizing a real bash, he's going to love it! Anyhoo, because of that Rob and I are off the hook for the party planning. We bought him Super Smash Brothers for the game cube, Crash 2 for the PS2 and the book "It's Hard to Be Five" by Jaime Lee Curtis. It's so him right now, moody and frustrated, big highs and big lows. I know he will love the book, right now it's all about being five. I think we will take him to the Science Center or the Magic House that afternoon as a family. So nice to have all those great choices right here close to home.

When we were done picking up Eli's gifts I found a calendar clearanced for $4 for Rob, it has all the orignal art from Star Wars, it's huge and he loves it, so we got it for his office. I also ran into Claire's Boutique, a place I haven't shopped at since high school, for a new hair band and found a great headband looking thing too. It's very Elsie and I've recieved a lot of slack from Lori, but I'm spending a week in Paris with no blow dryer, a girl's got to look good! It's green and blue, colors I'm way into right now. Very cute. It's fun to be young again!

On the way home we stopped at Schnuck's, my favorite grocery store here. It's so big and expensive and snobby, I love it. I know what that says about me, but I still can't stand the ShopNSpend. Besides, even Eli loves 'schnuck-ing' with me. I had a couple last minute things to grab for tonight's supper. We had new friends (Rob and Amy and their 3 kids) over and it was a blast. They stayed pretty late for a school night, but we just kept talking and laughing. I feel like we really connected. I can just feel God plugging us in here, blessing us in every aspect. It's like I can almost hear him whispering "rest, child" after a long, long battle. Rob and I are remembering who we were, unencumbered by all the burdens we carried for so long, we almost need to learn how to walk upright again, missing that baggage. Still amazes me how He changed our life virtually overnight. We held up our end of the bargain and as soon as Rob took that last test, God took over and hasn't let go since. I hope He never does!

I made an amazing dinner tonight. I know that sounds pretentious, but everyone told me so, so I have to believe it. We enjoyed fettucini alfredo - from scratch, thank you Tricia! And this amazing bread I've found at Schnuck's, they call it mini-loaves and I'm addicted. Just plain white bread, but it's so good, I can just eat it in chunks! I also tried a new amazing recipe for salad, had strawberries and toasted almonds, spinach leaves and various baby lettuce with a poppyseed dressing. I toasted the almonds myself! Rob was so impressed! We enjoyed strawberry cake and ice cream for dessert, in honor of Amy's birthday.

But to top the day off, if that wasn't enough, I learned some happy news tonight. We've been planning on going to this youth pastor's conference in Rockford in February but we thought we would have to take the kids. Rob's mom called tonight and she wants to stay with the kids, which means four, four, FOUR days and nights alone with my husband, doing something we love to do! Plus our hotel, registration, gas, and food expenditures are all covered! It's going to be fantastic! No kids! What will I do with myself! Eating all my meals while they are still warm?? Going to bed when I feel like it? Heck, going to the bathroom without an entourage? I'm giddy with glee. So excited to have this super-special time with Rob before I leave for Paris. We literally haven't been away together since our fifth anniversary, and we are coming up on 8 here in May. Such a delight, I can't wait! We may even squeeze in a visit to IKEA, since we will be one hour away from it. I am so blessed.

No comments: