Jan 10, 2006

covered in primer.

Yesterday was a super rough day. It's just hard, staying home with small kids. Eli has been really cranky lately, because he's not adjusted to this new life of school every day. He's not getting enough sleep and meanwhile we are all paying the price.

So today is going better. I got the play room primed, first coat (not trim yet), so that's some headway. I'm beginning to wonder how crazy I am for trying to get it done before Kim gets here on Friday night. But it's me, and that's not shocking. Rob thinks we need to ask the church for help with painting, which I find funny because he hasn't gotten to help yet! :) That's ok though, I know he is swamped with getting things going over at the church. He's doing a great job, it's just a very big job. He's basically bringing these people from about 1972 (worship-wise) to the early nineties, so he's definitely got his work cut out. I think we are both struggling with being overwhelmed, but we are strong people and I know we can do this. Heck, we can even do it with flair!

Got a big Winkflash order today, so that was exciting. I'm ready to scrapboook this afternoon. Brea is finally down for a nap, so that's my plan. I should be painting, but she keeps waking up and screaming when I'm working in that room, so I'll probably wait and tackled that tonight when Rob is home to cope with her.

I'm very ready for the weekend, with the small exception of that room. Really looking forward to some girl time with Kim, where we can just hang out and scrap. We are going to wander downtown in St. Louis and find this crazy paper arts store I've heard about. I'm excited to show here my house too, wonder what she'll think. I have more pictures to post here, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

We got flamingo-ed again last night. It's not really fair, they did it while we were at church. I guess that's ok though, since we did Matt and Tiff's house on New Year's Eve while they had a house full of company! So now my yard is full of flamingoes in the cold, wet rain. It's kind of pathetic looking really. But it brings a little color to an otherwise blank palette. It's on my list, bringing color outside, but it's not a real high priority. I am looking forward to Rob hanging that porch swing though, it will look really nice.

Well, I'm just aimlessly talking when I could be scrapping. So I think I will take advantage of my time and do this later. I should find some fun new blog challenges to keep this interesting. Later.

No comments: