Jan 28, 2006


a picture and a story

We bought a living room set just like this 6 years ago. The whole set, $1710.93 worth of it. Rob and I picked it out when we were first married (before kids) and just loved it! Well, lo and behold we had Eli a year or more later and then we felt the need to return to school. So we sold it to a friend, a blessing to us - since we didn't have the room and needed the money and a blessing to her because she needed some furniture. At the time we were downsizing from a three bedroom house to a two bedroom apartment and space was at a premium. We gave up a lot to go to school, our car, a lot of our furniture, our house. Lot's of sacrifices, but we knew it was God's will for Rob to finish his degree.

That friend has had it for 3 1/2 years and is in a place where she's reconsidering her living room and has offered to sell it back to us. So how many years later, after all of bible college and sacrifice is done, we get to buy back our original furniture set. And God bless her, it's in as good of shape now as it was the day she took it home with her. I'm so excited. I LOVE this set, it's been long since discontinued - in fact I had to hunt really hard just to come up with a picture for you to peruse. I was searching because I want to paint my living room before we go to pick it up, so it will be happy in it's new home. :) I think I will go with a linen color, similar to the pictur here, and white trim, because it's me and I believe in white trim. Funny, I still have the picture I use to hang in the living room that coordinates with the couch. That will make decorating the living room a snap! Happy, happy day! Isn't God good?

(and don't you just love the chair???)

No comments: