Jan 12, 2006


Yesterday's page.

I seriously feel a glitter phase moving in from the west. Loving it! Found a bottle for 84 cents at Walmart - couldn't resist. I am officially in love with my Steelfish stamps. I have to pace myself so I don't use them on every single page I make and look like a total dork. Maybe I need to buy another font to spread myself out a bit. hmmm. tempting.

This is a picture of my mom and dad with me and my kids. Not the greatest picture in the world, but definitely album worthy. We make an annual trip to the apple orchard with mom (five years now) and almost didn't make it this past year. So glad we did. The journaling just talks about how it's always hard to go but I'm always glad we do.

Featuring some super-sweet KI and Scrapworks paper. I love both these companies and I love using their paper in un-orthodox ways. Karen, you always call me the fearless scrapper and it has only empowered me! Thanks for that.

I need to do a page about how I'm willing to try anything once (on paper) and how it's ironic how I never try anything new in real life. Drives my hubby nuts! For instance, he's been dying to try Jack in the Box, a restuaraunt chain they have here but not in IA or southern MO. I hate to try new things and really pitched a fit about it, but (like usual) he won and I went. I loved it. Absolutely embarressing. I've been craving their deep-fried (1000 calorie) two tacos for 99 cents ever since. Such a dork am I. But it's kind of in that love-able kid sister kind of way, right? Maybe not.

As for my to-do list. Conquered. The playroom/guestroom is officially painted and 80% of the furniture is back in place. I need to put together my cool IKEA cube system (tomorrow am) and return to Lowe's to pick up the curtains the checker neglected to put in my bag, hang the rod and curtains, vacuum and find homes again for all the misc. toys and art supplies. Totally do-able. I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes from a job well done. I will take pictures in the morning after I've pulled it all back together and post them along with my before pictures. Lucky you, you'll get to just scroll down and magically the room will come together, rather than enduring the week of work and blisters like me. Isn't technology amazing?

No comments: