Jan 12, 2006

on the docket today...

more painting. I got a first coat up and half the trimming done yesterday. It is so serene and beautiful. I'm tempted to go sleep up there when it's done. :) I'd like to finish the trim today and a second coat, so I can do the woodwork tomorrow and slam the room back together before Kim comes in tomorrow night. It's such a retreat - which is funny because soon it will be full of toys again!

a trip to Lowe's. It's what I live for lately. I've been there three times in the past week. I need a few more roller replacements for the tiny furniture/trimwork rollers, which I love!!! I also have to measure the window upstairs for the new roman shade I am planning on putting in, need to buy that today too. And a light switch plate for that room.

a play date with the kids? It's seriously supposed to be in the sixties this afternoon. I'm hoping to take my jabronies to the park with Rob, work off some energy and get some pictures. I realize I've hardly taken any pictures lately, it's terrible. I've just been consumed by this house, and I don't see that changing any time soon. EXCEPT, I am taking the weekend off completely, to play with Kim. I can't wait!

I need to page plan. Started a little bit, looking at my new pictures. I can tell I'm out of practice, they all seem blurry to me. Maybe it's my camera. Not sure, but wasn't thrilled. Anyhoo, I want to be set up for success with scrapping this weekend. Shouldn't be hard, I have all kinds of ideas bouncing around in my head. (shocking, I know)

I also need to go Schnuck-ing at some point. I have to pick up a few things for the weekend, vital things like dr. Pepper and snackage for scrapping. We are going to scrap and shop the weekend away. I'm most excited to go to this funky paper arts store called Red Lead in St. Louis. Plus the store up in Alton is doing 20% off all day tomorrrow, which means Kim and I will hit it first!

I played a little last night, did a fun page. I will post a picture later, when I'm not in my pj's and bathrobe. I like to take pictures on the porch because the light is more forgiving and I don't need to make my neighbors wonder any more than they already do!

Just a couple random thoughts before I run up to paint - since Sarah's settling down.

* I love the light in this house. So many windows, natural light abounds. I feel the freedom to really make it what I want, because light is not an issue. I'm just a happier person with sunlight streaming into every room!

* My studio makes me so happy. I know I've said this before, but I just walk in there and it makes me smile. I love that it's my space, I haven't had my own space in four years! I love that I can arrange things any which way I want and Rob just thinks it's cool.

* I love that I can call my family and friends whenever the mood strikes. I feel so connected.

* I love being my own home decorater. It is so great to make this place ours, despite all the work. It's a great feeling, putting your fingerprint on a place. I want to live here forever. (whoa, I said it!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anna, do you realize that you just named off 3 days worth of work???

Hey don't miss my new posts on my blog!!!