Jan 10, 2006


HURRY - let's ride off into the sunset together!!

Loving this page. You are looking at 3 hours of work here, pathetic - I know, but that's including interuptions. I did dishes and switched laundry loads and got the kids snacks in there too. So really, maybe an hour actually working on the page itself. Had some fun with my new steelfish stamps. Love 'em. So kicking myself for not having caved and bought them sooner. The idea of having to stick them to blocks myself was super-intimidating to me for some reason. But now I'm tempted to order again - they are awesome! Plus, Fontwerks sent me some free rub-on's just for ordering! I love free, it's my favorite way to get stuff!!

Ok, so about the page. These are super old pictures, like eight years old. I know, I look so young. Which is a nice way of saying I look old now. But that's ok. These are photos from us in our get-away car after our wedding. At the time these photos were taken I was thinking "I couldn't believe that everyone there (at our wedding) knew that we were about to leave and go have sex and that was ok!!!". (I also can't believe I just typed that here, but whatever!) I was SUPER-young when we got married, a week before my 19th birthday. We were so in love too, not that we aren't now, it's just a different grown up kind of love now, not a head over heels, can't see straight, which way is up kind of way.

The suit I'm wearing cracks me up. The inspiration for my wedding was entirely drawn from Steel Magnolias (my all time favorite flick, then and now). I'm not even a pink person, but I wore a pink dress. It was beautiful. And I had to have a 'going away' suit, just like Julia Robert's character did. It was cute, but in the end I really just wished I had worn my dress to the hotel. I put in a box that afternoon, just before we left, and it's never been out since.

Anyway, just a tiny glimpse into the past. I look at these photos and think how much I loved Rob then, and now. I can see how he's grown (in looks, in personality, spiritually) and it makes me love him even more. I think about how God has blessed our marriage, our family and every aspect of us. It just makes me happy. I hope you are happy too, just looking at it. :)

No comments: