Jan 6, 2006

It feels like it's been a week since I blogged.

Isn't it weird how some days can feel like months and other days it's as if no time has passed at all? Been a strange 24 hours here. First of all, figuring out this health insurance has been far messier than I anticipated. I'll be relieved when it's all figured out and we can be done with it.

Secondly, I'm preparing for company, some friends from church tonight and my cousin and her family tomorrow. It's exciting to be entertaining in our new house, but I'm so aware of all the work that needs to be done. I spent two hours at Lowe's this morning with Sarah, picking out paint colors and drooling over window treatments. I really don't like to spend money, so it's hard for me to be making these big decisions. Most people would be all excited about having the church pay for all our paint and remodel stuff, but it just makes me all the more retentive because it's not my money. I don't know if they will do window treatments, but the mini-blinds we have really don't conceal enough of our daily life for a parsonage! :) I do love this house, and planning each room is so exciting. I can't wait to get the paint up and see how it all looks. It's going to be hard to pick a favorite room when I'm through, I can tell that already.

I've been cleaning and cooking and preparing all day. The gal that's coming over tonight scrapbooks, so we'll at least be able to be back in the studio, talking and looking at supplies and stuff. That should be fun. I'm super excited that Kim is coming next weekend. I'm really hoping to get the play/guest room painted before she gets here, but wondering if that is just too ambitious. But wouldn't it be fun?? I finally found some bedding for that room that I really like, I just have to go to Kmart to pick it up now. Love that Martha collection, I know she's an ex-con, but the gal can really do wonders with color and texture! My kitchen will be heavily Martha-inspired, I can feel that already. I'm going for a very vintage green and white 40's-50's look, since I have the vingtage cabinets, I figure why not?

Well, I need to get back to work. I just wanted to breath for a moment. Going to try and post the other day's page, it's pretty fun!

No comments: