Jan 14, 2006

so happy to have Kim here!

I guess I hadn't realized yet how much I missed my friends. I've been in this fog of moving and home repair and now that she's here, WOW it's good to laugh and be silly. Again, I realize how I need to carve out time to do this more with my kids too. I really struggle with being TOO task oriented. Someday my kids will say "Well, Mom didn't play with us much, but she sure did get a lot done around here!" (ack!)

Today is my day off. Just thought you should know. I am so excited. I haven't had a day to myself since we moved almost a month ago. And before that I can't even remember when I took off all by my lonesome for any real length of time.

We are heading to Alton first, for a storewide 20% off sale. So excited to stock up on things like glue and cardstock (dork, I know). Then it's Red Lead ahoy. It's some paper arts store in St. Louis, I've been dying to find it for about 6 months now. We are going to find Archiver's at some point today too. So excited!!!

We watched the Constant Gardener last night. Powerful movie. God has really been speaking to me about Africa lately. It makes me wonder what He's going to do with it. I want to go on a missions trip, but it seems so futile. What can one person do against an epidemic? Even more than that, it seems the very basis of life in Africa is off-kilter. I think it would be very world-view rocking. I see information, bits and pieces about Africa and it slowly erodes my hope in the world. I want to help and yet I have no idea where to start. Anyway, watch the movie. It was very thought provoking. A beautiful love story intermingled with loss and frustration at a broken system. There is also a lot allegations made about drug companies, the big pharmacueticals, which I struggle with anyway. I think it's terribly wrong for companies to advertise prescription-only drugs on tv. My thoughts on drug companies don't stop there, but that's another long post for another day. I'm not going to ruin my happy scrap day talking about bad business practice that I can't change.

No comments: