Dec 20, 2005

Getting Settled.

I do wonder how long this is going to take. My list is a mile long. It's genuinely overwhelming, that with the fact that I am doing it myself while Rob's in his own world. We are hoping to steal some time tonight, making it family fun night. Poor Rob, he feels like he hasn't spent any time with the kids. I'm so glad we get some time off next week, we need it. We really hit the ground running here.

Service went really well last night. We have a great group of core kids. I'm excited to see where this is going. Rob's struggling some with the reality of the job, but I think he's very exhausted, beyond just tired. We are at the point of just putting one foot in front of the other and plodding forward. We had two services and two socials on Sunday, service last night and another one tomorrow night. He's just realizing what four services a week looks like. Plus, I think he has been fantacising about being in full-time ministry for so long that maybe his expectations where a tiny bit unrealistic? I really think this is going to be so good for us, and in the long run we will be really happy, and more importantly, very effective as youth pastors. We are having our first event on New Year's Eve, a Napolean Dynamite party. I drew up the sign yesterday, I'm going to post it on here just because it's just too darn funny. Karen, be sure to show Jessica, I think she'll get a kick out of it!

Well, the boxes are calling my name again. Plus I need to give these kids baths, it's been since Sat. night. I know, I'm a bad mom, but there is just such a lack of hours in the day. I'm going to have to talk to God about that one! :) Ooh, and on a happy note, Eli got in to the preschool here in town. I am so thankful! I've been praying about that for 2 months now and it just came through yesterday, we found out when we went to visit the preschool in the next town over. So we have to go visit his class this morning - in case I was planning on sitting home and twiddling my thumbs! So off to get the kids going.

No comments: