Dec 8, 2005

finally beginning to make some progress

After feeling unbelievably overwhelmed yesterday - seriously to the point I was annoyed with Rob for leaving me alone with all this - I bore down and got a ton done yesterday. Just thinking about how much I accomplished I'm seriously impressed with myself. I may even be able to find some time to scrap between now and Thursday. Of course, the piles of boxes are growing and it doesn't feel like a home any more, but we can cope with that, right? A week from today we will be packing the truck. (whew!) I thought we'd never get there! It's strange to see all my personal touches taken off of this house - it feels cold and empty, like the life is leaving it and I'm finding myself weirdly sentimental. I guess we did spend three years of our marriage here, brought Sarah home here. And Rob and I (personally) have been better than ever here, so that's something. Ok, I better stop. I might actually convince myself that I didn't just loathe everything about this tiny homestead.

I found a mouse last night. In the kids closet. EWWW. I'm so not going to miss this house. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anna, About the mouse...they are not OIM!!! Tee Hee!!! Karen :P

antho said...

Karen-
I know they aren't. But hopefully the new house won't be an open invitation for them. Can't wait for more space and that Illinios driver's license!!