Dec 2, 2005

I promised more.

Not much more rested this morning, but it's a new day and I have lots to do. I just spent an hour entering/reconciling our checkbook and we are right on. I am so amazed how we've been able to make it with no income since the beginning of November. God is so good. He truly has provided for our every need, but not a stitch beyond the time frame we need it - so there is no question as to what step we need to take next.

Years ago - when I was first the tiniest bit pregnant with Eli - we visited some friends here in Springfield. They had just had their first baby, and were struggling to finish school. They spent a lot of time explaining to us how God was providing for their every need. I remember going home from that trip, in awe of them and their faith, thinking that we could never trust like that. I think it was forshadowing for these three and a half years we have just finished. God was preparing my heart. I wanted that kind of faith. At the time, Rob and I both had management positions and were making really good money, lived in a beautiful house, had two cars. I can't even imagine those things now - not in my wildest dreams, since we've been broke for so long now. But I'm thankful, in a strange way. Although financially and materially we have lost almost everything of value - what we have gained is worth so much more, and it can never be taken away from us. Rob and I - our lives are wound together like two plants with different roots that have grown together so intimately that separation is impossible. Even our roots have intertangled and we, together, ultimately make something far greater than either or us could ever achieve seperately.

When we first married I constantly worried that he would leave me, that he'd get tired of me and move on, or worse, be annoyed and disgusted and leave. After nearly eight years I've learned quite the opposite, he needs me as much as I need him. We can tackle this world together and I will always have someone in my corner. We have seen so many friends and family with broken marriages, especially recently - watching our families crumble around us, and as much as it hurts to watch, it only brings us closer together. Seems like strange logic, but it's true, we cling to each other. I'm convinced he's my penguin. :)

I know it's a lot to take in at 7:30 in the morning, but I just had to say it. I love Rob. I'm so thankful.

No comments: