Dec 21, 2005

It's 5am, I must be crazy.

There's a song, from the late 90's I think, by Matchbox 20. That's me, except it's five and not three. Sarah woke up an hour ago crying lightly. I drowsily got out of bed and found some socks and by the time I made it into the dining room she was already self settling. (lucky me!) But now I can't sleep, so I may as well blog. Besides, I'm only laying in bed thinking of my to-do list anyway. It's a mile long, I have enought to keep me busy for the next year I think.
We had a great time last night. We declared it family fun night and drove into a northern suburb of St. Louis to find this awesome mall. It was huge, had a Circuit City and an ice rink in it. Very fun. Much to my surprise it wasn't crowded at all. Rob was way into it, he wanted to walk the whole mall and never once complained about his feet hurting! We did some last minute christmas shopping, since Rob and I hadn't really done much of anything for each other yet. It's so nice to not be flat out broke anymore! We ate Burger King, but next time we go we will eat ahead of time since it was really pricey. They had a Cinnabon and Rob and I both savored the smell, but decided to be adults about it instead! I was so bummed out though, the whole reason we picked that mall was to go to Archiver's because I have a gift certificate, but I accidently left the diaper bag with my billfold at home so I didn't have it with. I didn't even go into Archiver's, I just couldn't do it. Seriously bummed me though, I had left Rob and the kids at this awesome play place in the center of the mall and was walking down to Archiver's by myself (to shop kid-free, no pressure!) and about half way there I remembered I didn't have the gift card, I was like a deflated balloon. So sad. So instead I did some Christmas shopping for Rob and Eli in the Gap outlet store there. Rob promised me we would go back soon, and we have next week off so I'm sure we will. There is a music store there going out of business and he wants to buy some bass strings, so there is something for everyone! The kids loved it, the play place and just how the mall was decorated, it's very visual, lots to look at it. I'm guessing it will become one of our spots.
I got a ton done yesterday. My house is basically unpacked. All I really have left is to go through the rubbermaid tubs from the barn (ack) that are stacked by the dozen in the basement and unpacking my studio. I'm so excited, the studio is my reward for unpacking the rest of this house. I desperately need to clean it first, can't stand the thought of my paper in the dust. The house really needs cleaned too, but I think the studio first. Priorities you know, I've put me off for weeks now it seems.
I really love the house. It's growing on me so much. I love who I am in this house, queen of the castle, I feel like Martha in the country or something. It's really not much to look at inside just yet, but once I get painting, woah Nellie. There is so much space to spread out. I love that I am so much calmer in this house, more focused, at peace. Can't wait to see what that does to my scrapbook pages! I got to thinking about it yesterday, my job is the same here as it was before, taking care of my kids and running a household, but here it's just easier. We are all more spread out, I'm just a nicer Mom to my kids. There aren't toys everywhere, you can walk around. Heck, if I got mad at someone I could leave the room if I wanted to. I could even go to another floor, I have 3 to choose from! You are probably laughing at me, but space is so important to me, I feel like I can breath better. I've always been super claustrophobic, so maybe that's it. Maybe it also helps knowing that there's a car parked out front that we can take off in any old time I want to! We haven't gone anywhere during the day yet, but it's nice just knowing I could if I wanted too.
We are considering starting painting next week. I'm thinking of starting in the dining room, simply because I really know what I want to do in there and it's very public. Plus, Char and Kavin are coming for Char's birthday on the 2nd so it would be fun to have it freshly done. I'd love to find a vintage fixture for the lighting in there. So fun. Rob suggested the living room first, but it's one of the least atrocious rooms in the house. There's kind of a tie between the dark blue and white missing the border dining room, the grey on grey master bedroom and the green ivy wallpaper with lime accents kitchen!!! Oh, and then there's Sarah's room, two clowny colors of red and yellow minus a border too. Oh this house needs help, but I'm here to rescue it. When I'm done it will be a work of art!
On the docket for today, the studio, the grocery store and walmart - the glamorous life of a stay at home mom! And Rob has worship service tonight, but I'll take Eli and Sarah to Rainbows. Should be interesting. Please be praying for us, we are all still sick and it's getting really old. Not sleeping doesn't help!

No comments: