Dec 12, 2005

four days and counting

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth again. It's getting a little insane here. We were gone all weekend in AR - which was interesting. I'm exhausted. (state of being for me lately) and both kids are sick with RSV. Sarah was only diagnosed with croup, but it changed last night into the same thick gross cough that Eli has been sporting for a week now. We are supposed to keep Eli home from school, but that's so hard because he only has two school days left before we move. I'm just praying they both get better because we have so much going on these next few days.

We got our tree, it's awesome. Rob and I are both so excited to put it up! I am so grateful to Ginny for giving it to us. We had a good visit, it's just always tough because there is so much left unsaid. Rob and I have such an open relationship, we expect that from the people close to us, and that just isn't realistic. And Rob gets overwhelmed it seems, he shuts down and doesn't talk to me, which is super hard on me. I love our open relationship, and I probably depend on it too much. We are doing fine now, once we got in the car and could talk about it - we straightened it all out.

Well, it's crazy to think that on Thursday we'll get up and pack everything in a truck and leave this little house behind. I've got so much to do, but I'm excited for that moment - the one where we pile in the car and say "goodbye little house!" and then the next day - when we say hello to our new house and our new church and our new life. Very exciting stuff.

No comments: