Dec 28, 2005

it's been a long time

Since I've had a cup of hot cocoa, but I was wandering through the Shop and Save today, blissfully alone and noticed the cocoa and thought, "Wow, that might really warm me up!". So into the cart I threw it and scoured around to find some mini marshmallows too, mmmm. I've been freezing all day, despite heavy sweaters and a jacked up thermostat. I can't imagine what a whiner I would be in some place genuinely cold, like Iowa or North Dakota!

Strange, strange day. Rob had the impulse to go to the office this morning and I've been trying not to strangle my children ever since! I say that in love, they are driving me crazy. Sarah is just into everything, no boundaries. Eli is house-crazy, ready for school to resume. He misses his school friends. He's still at church with dad, playing in the basement with his new friends. Rob's doing worship practice and I put Sarah to bed so I could enjoy a few sacred moments of peace. So I'm cozy here at the computer with hot chocolate and marshmallows, savoring the quiet house.

Still really struggling with this sinus infection. I'm at the point where I'd like to lay down and sleep it off for the next week or so, but that's not likely. Strange mood today, very much in the frame of mind to shop for scrapping supplies. I know that sounds wierd, but I'm just anxious to see what is nearby here, get to know my new territory. Archiver's the other day just whet my appetite. I'm dying to see the new Heidi Swapp line and I don't know where to get it, just about ready to pull a Lori and buy it all online.

I'm in the mood to play, but this massive four day old headache is making me think twice about it. I did pull together a card for Mom and Dad's anniversary today, which I actually really like, but not sure how much more creative I can be beyond that.

I miss my friends. I've met people here, but they are new people. And that's great, but I really loved the old people! :) My small group mostly. I just want to let my hair down and be myself; smart, funny, imaginative, creative Anna. I'm sure Pastor's wife Anna is a cool chick too, but she's buried under obligation and niceities right now. She'll come out when she's not all run down with the sinus infection from you-know-where! Right now I just feel the need to be with women who know me, who I can just be real with.

I *need* to find a home store. Someplace where everyone knows my name. Some owners to hook me up with the latest greatest product. I *need* some time to scrap. To get all of this out of my head and down on paper where it can become something, rather than keeping me unsettled and anxious.

I really just need to feel better.

No comments: