Dec 13, 2005


It's hitting me.

Hard too. We are leaving in two days. How is that possible? I've been counting down for so long I forgot what I was counting down too. Suddenly I realize how much I'm going to miss my friends and just the familiarity of this place. (not this house - mark my words - I will never EVER miss this house) But my friends. Ack! I miss them already. We had our final small group last night - the ladies will go on without me, but I will miss them so much. They are like my family, we share so much. We had a great time. They were very generous with me. Karen made me this *awesome* 'a' for my scrap studio - I can't wait to put it up. I think (not to be an Ali-Edwards wanna-be) that I'm going to start collecting A's, just cause it's me and it's fun and why not? Anyhoo, I could go on about my studio forever, so back to my friends. Karen had altered the A herself, I will take a picture and post it here. Becky gave me this awesome sign that says "Bless this family", it's so christmas-y and cute! And another gal who hasn't been coming very long slipped me a very generous gift. I just felt super loved. And they all gave me a card, signed by everyone, not just the 'gonna miss you' signature either, each wrote heartfelt words. I was really touched.

And then Kim topped it off, the whole night. She gave me my going away/christmas gift early, a BEAUTIFUL 5.5qt Rival crockpot, in BRIGHT RED no less! I was giddy. Do people cry over kitchen appliances? Cause I did. I nearly cried all the way home, I just felt so blessed. I must have really made a difference in these people's lives if they wanted to be so good to me. That's all I ever wanted to do. I felt so appreciated last night, one of my favorite feelings in the whole world.

Anyhoo, enough about me [even though it's my blog! :)]. Eli and I made a gingerbread house for his last day of school tomorrow. He's the line leader and he needs to bring treats. I'm going to attach a little card to it that says something to the tune of "Since we are getting a new house for christmas we thought you should too!". He had so much fun doing it, I really just let him go at it, it's his baby. It's obvious, but I love it. We had a blast doing working together on it. Now, if I had done it by myself it would have been all Martha-ish and beautiful, but this was way more fun! Posting a pic now.

No comments: