Dec 9, 2005

Updating my blob.

Just a funny thing that Eli said this morning - how mommy keeps a blob on the computer. :) Kids!

Tough day already. (and it's not even nine am!) Woke up to Rob sick again with diarrea. (ick!) and what's worse, no water. The house has struck again! Hopefully this is it's last attempt on our sanity and once we figure it out we'll be on our way. I'm bummed though, usually Rob deals with it, but he's still in bed (lucky) so I'm on duty. Eli's crying cause he had to use a not-flushed toilet (which I agree is gross - but I'm not crying about it!). He was also thoroughly put out that I didn't have his breakfast for him on his usual schedule. Meanwhile I had to start trying to figure out the water issue. Usually our pump randomly stops working, and we have to hit the electrical spring with a metal spoon to spark it and restart it. Sounds completely unsafe, and I'm sure it is, but that's how it works. So I did that and it didn't work. Also, when it's cold like this, sometimes the heat lamp bulb burns out and that causes the well to freeze, but the bulb is still burning and nothing is frozen in there. So, the only other water issue we've had has been the pipes freezing under the house, and since it's 9 degrees this morning my guess is that is the problem. Now just take a moment to think how cold and drafty our house must be for the pipes in the very floorboards to freeze. I feel so sorry for my kids playing on the floor. Gee, I wonder why they are constantly sick? So, back to my story, I drove up to the dorms and dragged out the milkhouse heater and set it up - literally in the kitchen cupboards to start thawing the pipes. Hopefully there is no leak under the house, and hopefully it thaws before we have to leave at 11:15 for school and then Rob's moms. I'm kind of overwhelmed already. This will probably be a tough weekend anyway (especially with our move just days away) but Rob being sick just makes me want to cry. Makes an already tought situation even tougher. Well, I need to go, Sarah's screaming. I'm just remembering the 'hundred things trying to steal your attitude' - I need to be bigger today. Our life is about to change for the better, we just need to walk through this today.

No comments: