Dec 27, 2005


have you ever woken up one day and realized your life is totally different?

That is today, my friend. It's like our life flipped upside down. It's like bizzaro world with Superman, only our old life was the crazy side and now we are suddenly back to normal, upright, contributing members of society! I just can't believe how much can change basically overnight. It's overwhelming in this happy and fantastic way. I cannot believe that this is my life, my house, my family, my studio (I just had to put it in there!). I don't deserve this. But yet, I'm almost 27 and this is normal, it just doesn't feel like it after living on the edge of poverty (and oh-so-grateful for welfare!) for three and a half years. God is so good. That is all I can say.

We enjoyed an extended family fun day today. We went back to the Mills, because we are addicted and my Archiver's gift card was burning a hole in my pocket. We used a coupon for lunch and just bummed around. It was fantastic. I love my husband. I love who he is free of finals and papers and unshackled from the burdens of a loathed job that ruled him. He is the happy and carefree man I married eight years ago. We are having a great time, a time of rest and recovery after trudging through three years of hell. Thank you, God.

I have a whole bunch of pictures to post, so I'll get to that. This first one is a very chocolate-sloshed Sarah, looking a little drunk with her tipped crown and her half-hazard wave. :) Such a cutie.

No comments: