Dec 29, 2005

new year's resolutions?

There has been a lot of hype this year, generated from Ali Edwards, about New Year's intentions instead of resolutions. Not sure what I think, but of course, it's time I made some. It's a lot more fun this year in my new house with my new life, un-shackled from my tiny life before. So here we go...

Be it resolved on January 1, 2006

* I will start walking (for excercise and peace of mind) twice a week. I'd really like to go more often, but this is at least a do-able commitment, I can always do more.

* I will make a more empassioned effort to be published. (trying not to think about my HOF entry hanging out there) I will send in at least one online entry per week to at least one scrapbook magazine, and no, it doesn't have to be Creating Keepsakes. If anything, I will at least create 52 awesome layouts, right?

* I will read my bible 5 out of 7 days a week. I know that sounds pathetic, but it's a substantial improvement from my 2 out of 7 days a week currently. I want the Word of God to permeate my life in a more real way. I was just reading this morning (Psalms 78:39 - how God was angered again and again by his children, but He remembered that they were but flesh, a breath that passes away and does not come again - He continuously gave them grace with abundance. I got to thinking about my children, how they are so little and dependant, how they anger me and how I need to respond with grace and love. I realize how I need the Word flowing through my life in order to be a good mother. Also, Psalm 78:4 talks about how we need to tell our children the stories of God's works, and I feel the need to work on this!)

* We will start a savings account and begin saving ten percent of our income. Rob and I both feel very strongly about this. We have historically been terrible with money, but the past three years have really reigned it in, having so little. Now that we have some, we need to honor God with every penny, and saving for our unexpected needs is the place to start.

* I need to take time to play with my children. I know that is what they will remember most. I lack in this area greatly, I'm praying God can change my heart. I'm usually consumed with my to-do list. I need to be consumed with a love and appreciation for my family.

* I will invest myself in these people, in this church, in this life. I will fully commit to our new life, making friends and long-term commitments. I will not hold myself back.

Well, those are some good starters. I may come back and edit this list later, if I think of anything else. I also have a great list of year-end questions I'll be working on soon too. I love this time of year!

No comments: